My Perfect Breakdown has very kindly nominated me for a Liebster award! Mrs. MPB always inspires me! Thank you very much!
Go take a look at My Perfect Breakdown. She is a lady that has been through a lot, to put it mildly. Along with Mr. MPB, she is currently looking at adoption. The best part about her blog (to me) is that she doesn’t focus on one particular thing. I feel like I am really reading about someone’s life–sadness, complications, set-backs, happiness, triumphs, joy and all.
As for the Liebster rules given to me via her post here, I will now nominate 11 other bloggers with a following of fewer than 200 people. In no particular order, I nominate the following blogs:
- Life Of A Triplet Mama
- Not So Quiet Momma
- Eventual Momma
- Tales of An Empty Womb
- The Chronicles of The Unfruitfulness
- One Day At A Time
- The Empress and The Fool
- Written in Pen
Now, I am to answer 11 questions given to me by the wonderful person who nominated me.
1. What is your favourite song? Well, that is a pretty difficult question to answer. My favorite song changes with the seasons in my life. In particularly difficult times, I usually gravitate to music. I was very involved in singing in my junior high and high school days, even joining my school’s traveling ensemble. If I am forced to give a song, then I suppose I will take one from my current playlist. The song is Falling by The Civil Wars (who sadly disbanded shortly before the release of their most recent album). The song reminds me that any relationship if neglected will eventually wither and die. I am a very strong believer in being proactive in my relationships, especially with my husband and daughter.
2. Who is your favourite Disney character? Aladdin was one of my favorites growing up. I also dreamed of being Belle, though. I suppose I would have to pick Belle because she was a good daughter, smart, and she was the first Disney female I remember that didn’t marry the first man that asked.
3. What do you put on the top of your Christmas tree? We have a silver star. We always had a star on top of our trees when I was growing up to signify the star that was the guiding light to the three wise men. I want to continue this tradition.
4. Do you have any animals? If yes, how many and what types? Much to the disappointment of my daughter Eva, we only have fish. I am terribly allergic to any animal with fur or feathers. Supposedly hypoallergenic dogs and cats do not exist for me. Any and every breed makes me miserable. My allergies have only gotten worse with age. As a child, I had dogs and cats (all outdoors because we lived in the woods and my mother had allergies) and never had much of an issue other than some itching and sneezing. So, back to the fish. We have two gold fish, one named Connor and the other named Blake. Eva takes great joy in naming them. I secretly despise them because their tank takes up a lot of space and it is awful to clean. I also have to figure out a better solution for the fish before the new baby gets old enough to pull up. I see bad things happening, like bottles or binkies or toys floating in the fish tank.
5. Winter, summer, spring, or fall? Do you have a favourite? I prefer fall. The temperatures are moderate and the colorful leaves in the Missouri hills are just so beautiful.
6. What makes you smile on a bad day? My family. Luckily, they take turns testing the limits of my sanity. So, whichever one isn’t driving me nuts usually succeeds in making me smile even on the worst of days!
7. What is your favourite holiday? Christmas day is my favorite! We stay home, we watch Eva open her presents, and we usually eat something yummy. Sometimes grandma or grandpa come by to say hello. It is a very relaxed day for us.
8. What is your favourite childhood memory? There are a lot of them to sift through! I think I will stick with my memories of the days preceding my 4th birthday. My parents were scheming against me, and my father was building my birthday present right in front of my eyes. He built me some chairs to go with a little table my mother found and painted. She painted hearts on it, somehow without me ever seeing the table until my birthday. My father was very insistent that he was building bird feeders, despite the fact that it was very obvious to me his bird feeders looked like chairs. He even had me sit in one to try it out for size for “the birds”. I remember walking back inside and looking at my mother thinking, “Did you see that? Dad has lost it.” She just laughed and recruited my help with dishes.
9. Why do you blog? My blog has most definitely evolved since inception. I began blogging because I needed a platform upon which to build and develop a career as a freelance writer. After maybe a month, I quickly realized my writing sucked. I was writing like I would for homework in college, or like I would for anything very not personal. Instead of focusing on my purpose for writing, I began focusing on my story. Now, I blog because I enjoy it. I blog because I feel like I have something someone somewhere wants to hear.
10. If you had one piece of advice for your 15 year old self, what would it be? Oh man. Well, I would tell her to lighten up. You are 15, for crying out loud. You don’t need that job. You don’t need to buy your own car yet. You don’t need to get every last question on every last test right. Go do something that could potentially get you in trouble with your parents!
11. What is one thing you want to accomplish in 2015? I could list oodles of things I want to accomplish this coming year! Do I really have to pick just one? Well, I guess the most important thing for me this coming year is the birth of my son. I want an intervention-free natural birth…in a hospital. My freelance writing is also starting to pay more consistently, and I have several career goals for 2015 as well.
Now, fellow nominees, you are supposed to write a post with a link back to me, nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 people following, and answer 11 questions. Here are your questions:
- What memory from any point in your life stands out the most in your mind?
- If you had one piece of advice for your 15-year-old self, what would it be?
- What is your favorite television show of all time?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite place on earth?
- Tell us one thing about yourself that doesn’t usually come up in a normal conversation.
- Do you have any fears or phobias (spiders, heights, etc.)?
- Imagine you are stranded on an island with no chance of leaving or rescue. There is plenty of food on this island in the form of fruits, berries, and wildlife (think fish). Only 5 things from your purse or luggage survived. What are these things?
- Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If so, what kind of creature was it and did it have a name?
- What is your favorite Disney character?
- What would you like to accomplish in 2015?