Knock me over with a feather! I was just nominated by Jasmin over at LittleNugget_BigNugget for One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you, Jasmin, very much for the unexpected nomination. I greatly enjoy your blog and I take this nomination as a great compliment!
I am supposed to tell you all a few things about myself (seven things, to be precise). So, here goes…
1. Now, I’m expecting complete confidentiality with this one–my husband is a whole six years younger than me! No one seems to notice this little fact, or at the least they don’t mention it even if they think I look older than him. What’s worse (for him) is most people usually think he is older than me! He even got a nudge and a wink from a front desk man once for having a “younger woman” with him at a hotel which left me in hysterics and him quite upset. I always get carded (well, not right now obviously, since I’m pregnant and not drinking) and he never does. This also burns his biscuits.
2. I stole a piece of candy (a Tootsie Roll) at my brother’s urging when I was four-years-old. My mother made me go back to the store, pay for it, and apologize. Then I had to do extra chores to work off the money she gave me to pay for the candy. Apologizing to the cashier was the scariest thing I had ever done in my four years. I thought for sure they were going to have me arrested!
3. I throw/give away everything I possibly can that won’t upset my family (too terribly, anyway). I hate clutter and junk immensely! But, I have a thing about books. I can’t throw them away, and only rarely can I bring myself to give them away. I never participated in the textbook buy back programs at college because I didn’t want to get rid of knowledge I would maybe need someday. Last year, I sold several of these textbooks to Amazon, and I cried while I packed them. I know, this is not normal. Who cares about an American Lit book that is eight years old?
4. I have been late several times to pick up my daughter since the beginning of the school year. Why? Well, because I start writing/reading or some other project and I lose track of time. Luckily, my daughter likes to get picked up last.
5. I went to college originally as an English major. I then convinced myself there was no future as an English major unless I wanted to teach high school (which I absolutely didn’t) and then didn’t go back after that semester for many years.
6. I chew my lips and nails incessantly when I’m stressed out. My mother can tell how stressed/not stressed I am by the current state of my lips and fingers. God forbid I ever get a cold sore because she will grill me for ten minutes straight to make sure it’s really a cold sore and not from me chewing on my lip due to some unknown stress. She loves me, though, and that’s what counts.
7. I am the youngest of five children, with the oldest being sixteen years ahead of me. I have 22 nieces and nephews and 2 great nieces and 2 great nephews. I feel like I have been babysitting since I was five, and I won’t hardly babysit these days. I love spending time with my nieces and nephews, but I just don’t babysit.
Now, it is my turn to nominate some bloggers I admire (again, the magic number is seven).
7. And here is where I fail because I can’t think of anyone else.
Thank you again, Jasmin, for the nomination. It means a lot! Furthermore, every time someone clicks the like button, the follow button, or share on anything I write it makes me do a happy dance! Every comment I get in response to something I have written makes me do another happy dance! I have learned so much from this blogging community through experiences shared and information displayed. I never expected to have so much in common with so many people. Thank you to each and every one of you that reads and likes and comments for each of those acts. You guys make my day every time I post something!