I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by a wonderful lady, Paula, at http://www.emptyhands2openarms.wordpress.com. Please swing by and read her blog. She is a freelance writer who has been through infertility and come out on the other side with a better outlook on life and a stronger relationship with God. She is a source of strength for me, and I can’t thank her enough for all the kind words and encouragement she has given me.
Thank you so much for nominating me!
She posted a few questions she wanted us nominees to answer. Here they are below:
1. Who is your favorite author and why would you recommend them to another reader?
Cassandra Clare is my current favorite author. I seem to pick a new favorite every few years. I have and will continue to recommend her to others, especially her Infernal Devices series. I would recommend her to another reader because she has a very original twist to her stories.
2. What is your favorite memory at age twelve?
I spent most of the summer with my godmother. I have so many memories of time with her I can’t choose just one. Age twelve, specifically, makes me think of the many times she let me drive her car down the driveway.
3. What are you normally doing at 8:00 p.m on any given evening?
Nagging my six-year-old daughter to brush her teeth and get to bed.
4. Do you have a book you are working on presently? What are you planning to call it?
I do, but unfortunately it isn’t titled. It is a middle grade fiction book that is a bit of a coming-of-age story.
5. What has been the most difficult challenge in your life thus far?
My divorce was very difficult for me. Adjusting my life, my dreams, and regaining my confidence was a long, arduous journey, to say the least.
6. Where do you find comfort when life gets tough?
My child’s hugs and kisses, my husband’s embrace, and prayer bring me comfort and solace.
7. What are the qualities of a really great novel?
Anything that evokes emotion in me is a winner. I tend to gravitate toward stories with some form of emotional turmoil.
8. Which of your posts is the one you re read from time to time? What brings you to it?
A guest post I wrote on another blog about my infertility struggle and resulting pregnancy at jordanforty.me/prayer. It reminds me of how I felt not so long ago, and renews my joy of pregnancy every time I read it. This post reminds me to pray and to have patience.
9. If you could know the timing, how would you spend the last day of your life?
At home with my family.
10. What do you value the most in true friendship?
I would like to nominate the following blogs for a Liebster as well:
2. Erin at What To Try When Trying
I would like each of you nominees to tell us five things about yourself that mean the most to you each.